Monday, October 1, 2012

APPLES of the Cheeks


So some of you might say that I own a ridiculous amount of makeup – but hey, it’s what I enjoy! It’s always fun playing around with different foundations and blushes and not to mention different makeup brushes (my secret obsession!) Having a large makeup collection also means forgetting products that are hidden in the back of my vanity. A few days ago I was rummaging through some drawers and I found my new favorite fall/winter blush!

Before I get into the actual product, what is a scent or food that goes hand in hand with the fall season? Pumpkin? No, not what I’m thinking of. Think orchards. It’s apples! Apple picking, apple scented candles, apple pies…sooooo delicious! So what does this have to do with blush? This blush that I’m talking about smells EXACTLY LIKE APPLES! It’s the most delicious scent ever (just remember not to eat it – hah!) This wonderful blush is called ‘Apples of the Cheeks’ made by Pop Beauty. It is actually a cheek stain rather than a powder blush. The color I have is No. 1 Rouge. It gives such a beautiful rosy flush to your cheeks. Be careful though – this cheek stain is quite pigmented so you’ll need to use a light hand if you’re fair skinned. Also, if you want a little red tint to your lips, just dab Apples of the Cheeks on as a great lip stain dupe!

There is another color in No. 2 Au Natural (which supposedly smells like caramel apples) that I will definitely have to go pick up. You can buy Pop Beauty at Ulta stores or other online makeup sites. It can be a bit pricy for a blush but a little goes a long way so this will last you a long time. If anyone has tried this cheek stain let me know what you think of it! It is by far my favorite for this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment