Tuesday, October 16, 2012

STOP BULLYING


This is a different type of blog but I felt it had to be posted to help bring awareness…

I’m sure many of you have heard of Amanda Todd’s story by now. I watched her video a few days ago and was absolutely heartbroken to hear what she had to go through. This video really struck me hard – why are people so mean to each other? And I’m not saying I’m perfect by any means; I’m sure I have hurt people’s feelings in the past too. Everyone has. But why do we do it? Just because someone is different does that give us a right to act superior to them? Absolutely not.

It makes me absolutely sick to hear that, even after Amanda took her own life, people are still bullying her. How can you want someone to feel so much pain that they feel that there is no other way out? Yes, she made a mistake by sending topless photos, but have you never made a mistake?? We’re only human and it’s perfectly normal to make mistakes. What’s not normal is to bully someone for one silly mistake.

I hope that everyone can take Amanda Todd’s story to heart. Take a step back to look at who you might be bullying or help stop someone else from bullying. Bullying might seem harmless at first, but it can hurt the other person to an extent that is irreversible. No one should ever have to feel this kind of pain. My heart goes out to Amanda’s friends and family. I wish Amanda could have stayed in this beautiful world with us but now she is in her own paradise, away from the hurt she felt on earth.



This is Carli Bybel – a YouTube guru and she made a video in response to Amanda Todd’s story. Carli is such a beautiful person inside and out. Please go watch her video – I couldn’t have put it any better myself.

RIP Amanda Todd  

http://www.stopbullying.gov

No comments:

Post a Comment