Monday, May 27, 2013

Sigma Resort Palette Review, Use & Swatches


I've been searching for an eyeshadow palette that I could play around with some fun colors for summer. There were a few I couldn't decide between but I finally bought Sigma's Resort Palette and I couldn't be happier! The colors are absolutely beautiful, bright and pigmented. It also comes with a blush (Heavenly), a liquid highlighter (Luminesce) and a double-sided eye liner (Daydream/Earth Goddess) which go perfectly with any eye look from this palette! (Just an FYI: If you're looking to buy this palette, go get it quickly because it's Limited Edition!)





My favorite way to use this palette:

Eyes:
First, I take Luna and put it on my brow bone, inner corners and inner 1/3 of my eye lid for a bright and highlighted look. I then take Fawn and pack it onto the outer 2/3 of my lid. Then taking Topaz and Sigma's E35 brush, I blend it into my crease to add dimension and warmth. If I really want to smoke out my eye for more of a nighttime look, I'll add Muse to my outer V.

The fun part to use this palette is to choose one of the brighter colors (my favorites are Moonbeam or Neela) and put that on your lower lash line. To make this super pigmented, I take Sigma's E30 Pencil Brush, spray it with some setting spray (like Skindinavia's Makeup Finishing Spray or Mac's Fix+), put the brush into the bright color and apply to my lower lash line. By spraying the brush with a setting spray, the eyeshadows will go onto the lash line easier, more pigmented and stay on longer! The eyeshadow also acts more of a gel than a powder this way, too.


Cheeks:
I apply the blush to the upper contours of my cheeks. Then I apply 3-4 dots of the liquid highlighter right above the blush and blend in with my ring finger. This highlight gives your skin an instant glow :)


SWATCHES





No comments:

Post a Comment