Monday, April 8, 2013

Natural Skin Care Products from the Grocery Store

Once again, I've been a little MIA :( Sorry about that but I have a few new parts to my face care routine that I'd love to share with you!

My face care routine (link: My Skincare Routine) really hasn't changed much, except for at night time I use freshly squeezed lemon juice as a toner. This is super inexpensive, natural, and does wonders for your skin! I simply but a cotton round into some lemon juice and apply it as I would a normal toner. It may sting for a second or two but nothing unbearable. Lemon juice has been shown to reduce acne scarring, help with inflammation and redness as well as giving your skin an unbelievable glow. When I first tried it, I noticed results the very next morning! (Don't apply this in the morning - your makeup won't go over it very well and it might be a little sticky).

The second part to my skin care routine is instead of adding an expensive night cream after my lemon juice toner, I simply use coconut oil as a moisturizer. It's natural, inexpensive and has amazing skin benefits (here are some other coconut oil benefits: Post on Coconut Oil). It is super hydrating and has anti aging benefits too. It will look a little oily and greasy when you put it on, but in the morning it's amazing how much your skin drank in! (Just remember to get organic and un-refined coconut oil!!)


What are your favorite natural skin care products?

1 comment:

  1. I also love all natural, I even bought recently homemade shampoo, For skin I think its very good aloe vera and honey:)

    ReplyDelete