Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Simple Skin Saving Tip!


Ever notice your skin start breaking out or your pores getting more clogged than usual? Try a simple fix and CLEAN YOUR MAKEUP BRUSHES! I can't stress this enough. I know plenty of girls that have NEVER washed their makeup brushes. Think about it - your face is very delicate and you don't want excess bacteria harming your face. Makeup brushes, if not washed regularly, can hold pools of bacteria. When you think about it, it's pretty gross that you're rubbing your face with those dirty things! Follow these simple steps to get clean brushes to save your beautiful face :)

Washing your brushes is quite simple. All you need is a mild shampoo and some water (I usually use a drug store shampoo I can find on sale -- I am currently using Aussie's Volume Shampoo). A shampoo is also good for brushes because you wash your hair with shampoo, brushes have hair...you get the picture!

All I do is put some shampoo and water into my hand and rub my brush in it, rinse it out, and repeat until the water runs clear (definitely not rocket science)!

IMPORTANT TIP: Hold your brushes downward. If you let water into the brush handle, it can loosen the glues holding the brush hairs into the brush, thus ruining your brush.

The ideal amount to wash your brushes is every week, but every two weeks will do too. Just don't forget to wash those babies!!!

4 comments:

  1. Great tips!! I'm bad.. I need to wash my brushes more often.

    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really important tip. I always go ages without washing my brushes - not good at all! Just started following you! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. Following you now (GFC):)¦

    ReplyDelete