Sunday, October 6, 2013

Favorite Fall Lip Combo

Deep burgundies and oxblood are the colors for the season but I've also been LOVING cabernet-colored lips. Just about every cosmetic brand is pushing the wine stained lip trend, but my favorite is a combination of two DRUGSTORE lipsticks.


-I first apply Revlon's ColorStay Lip Liner in Wine. This will help your lipstick stay put longer and will also help save the color from bleeding.

-Next I add CoverGirl's LipPerfection Lipcolor Lipstick in the color Smitten all over my lips. This color tones down the intensity of the lip look while giving it a purple undertone.



-Then to add a deeper red color to get the perfect wine lips, I dab on Wet 'n Wild's Fergie Creme Lipstick in the color Ferguson Crest Cabernet (which is also a dupe for Mac's Rebel - and about $12 cheaper!) This super inexpensive lipstick is a MUST HAVE for fall!



-The Final Combo:




This lip color is all over the runways  and magazines and is great to pair with a simple eye look. A bold lip is also a great way to step out of your comfort zone and jazz up your style :)


No comments:

Post a Comment