Sunday, January 6, 2013

Update and Beauty Blender Comparison!

I know, I know I haven't posted on here in a HOT minute but it's been a busy few weeks. I know in my last post I said I had some exciting news but unfortunately I'm still working on it. It's something that I've been really wanting to do for a year or two now and it's going to take a little more time and courage for me to finalize. So, fingers crossed that I am able to pull it together :)    [and thank you all for the encouraging comments/messages -- it really made me happy!]

On another note I figured I should give you a beauty post since I haven't in weeks! I decided to do a little comparison between the Beauty Blender and an off-brand beauty sponge that I found at Walgreens.

I already did a post on my beauty blender and how to use it but I wanted to know if it was worth the money or if the $8 sponge from the drugstore works just as well. 

Obviously, I like the price of the drugstore sponge better but the finish that the original Beauty Blender gives is something you can't beat. Sure, the drugstore sponge is better than nothing but the Beauty Blender is able to give you a completely flawless complexion and is easier to blend the products into your skin. Now I haven't used these sponge tools for my foundation (I heard they're great for that too, though) but I do use it for my under eye concealer and to set my under eye concealer. 

Original Beauty Blender

     Beauty Sponge from Soho

I also like the shape of the Beauty Blender better. As you can see above, the Beauty Blender has a pointy side to get into hard to reach/small areas on your face and a flat side which is easy to use for your whole face (or in my case, to set my concealer with my Ben Nye Banana Powder). The drugstore sponge has two pointed edges which can make it difficult to blend larger areas. Furthermore, the drugstore sponge ripped after a few weeks of use; the rip just kept getting bigger and bigger until it finally split in two .... not good :/


Overall, the Beauty Blender is 100% worth the extra money. What are your opinions on the original and drugstore sponges??

4 comments:

  1. Ooo I almost bought the Beauty Blender but didn't want to pay the price for it.. I felt it was a lot for a sponge but still tempted! This is a good review for a dupe. I still prob would like to try the original BB. :) Thanks for sharing!

    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. they don't have this sponge in my country...i've searched everywhere!!
    maybe you would like to follow each other ?
    xoxo

    www.mychoicebysorana.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so I've been wanting the Beauty Blender FOR-EV-ER! I settled on the Soho one from Walgreens and when I tried to wash it, it ripped into 5 pieces! With right? I'm definitely going to break down and just buy the original one now. lol Great post! I'd love if you check out my blog and follow back if you like :)
    -Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got to try the real thing! You'll notice such a big difference and its 100% worth the money! But I absolutely LOVE your blog and I just followed you :) :)

      xoxo
      lex

      Delete